To all the whipped cream lovers out there, no need to ever consume dairy whipped again or buy super expensive vegan whipped cream at a health foods store! Whipped cream made from coconut milk in a can has solved all these problems and more. Plus, I find it to be even more delicious than dairy whipped cream, which is so basic now 💁
I mean, why consume a saturated fat-filled product made from a milk designed for calves, when you can eat healthy fats from coconuts and get flavor + nutrients? It’s a no brainer to me!
Watch the video below for the crazy simple recipe and then slather your homemade whipped cream on anything and everything you want. I’ve used it in the morning as a topping on oatmeal, chocolate chia seed pudding, and even coffee. I’ve also used it to top baked goods, banana nice cream, and even my black teas ☕️ Basically, it’s amazing on everything!
Once you make this vegan vanilla whipped cream, you’ll always want to have a fresh batch in your fridge and you won’t want to go back to regular ‘ol dairy.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (I use Native Forest brand because it’s organic and the can is BPA free!)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cap of pure vanilla extract
Now the fun begins!
See how easy that is? This recipe will last you about 2-3 days, unless you’re nice enough to share with others, then it will last 2.5 seconds.
Check out the full recipe below!
- Store your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight to harden.
- When you open the can, scoop out the solids and set aside the liquid (it’s great for smoothies).
- Using a KitchenAid or a large bowl & beaters, add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, then whip until fluffy. It only takes a minute.
- Add to vegan ice cream, desserts, coffee, oatmeal, chia seed pudding or whatever you like!
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.