This oh so good summery salad is awesome for many reasons. Here’s a quick rundown: It’s easy to make, light but filling at the same time, full of tangy goodness, all plant-based, AND the star of the show is a leafy green packed with antioxidants and fiber. Kale yeah!
I live so close to the beach and after trying to make it there all summer, I finally did last week ?☀️? The weather was perfect and since school is gearing back up, we basically had the beach to ourselves. Despite my best efforts at sunscreen, I still ended up getting burned really badly. Like, the front of me was so sunburned I had to sleep on my back for two days because it hurt so much ? Since then, I’ve been coating myself in coconut oil and aloe vera like there’s no tomorrow. I figure what goes into my body is just as important in my healing process, too. That’s where my Summery Kale Salad comes in. It’s full of fiber and antioxidants and good fats and detoxifying ingredients ?
Even though this recipe is enough for 2-3 people, nobody will judge you for eating it all in one sitting. That’s the great thing about salads! ?
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 head of kale, washed and broken into bite-size pieces
- juice from 1.5 small lemons
- 2 small avocados, cubed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 pinches of salt
- a few sprinkles of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice of red onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- optional: 8 strips of Beyond Meat Lightly Seasoned Chicken Strips
Here are the 4 easy steps:
- Place the kale, avocado and lemon juice in a large bowl. Use your hands to break up the avocado and massage it into the kale. It’s gonna get a little messy but it’s way easier to use your hands! It’s okay if there’s still some small pieces of avocado when you’re done.
- Add salt, garlic powder, hemp seeds and nutritional yeast to the salad and mix (you can use a spoon for this ?). Feel free to add more lemon juice or seasonings based on how tangy and savory you want it. ?
- Meanwhile, add some olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Place chicken strips in pan and saute on each side for 3-5 minutes until they brown a little. Remove and let cool.
- Cut the chicken strips into cubes and add to salad.
Get your salad on with this flavorful, tangy and super healthy kale recipe!