New year, new me … right? Kind of. I went on a 3 week cleanse right after Christmas to detox of all the hot chocolates, cookies and mac and cheese I consumed during the holidays! This detox consisted of no alcohol, and no pork or red meat and very minimal dairy products. A friend of mine adds a spritz of glutathione to their morning routine to boost their detox routine, but I prefer to go down the food and drink route. Plus, they’re much more stringent about theirs.
During this time I fell in love with mushrooms and had a weird obsession with smoked fish! My skin cleared up and I lost some weight! This wellness bowl became my best friend and I made over 10 variations of it. I took several trips to Trader Joe’s as they made my shopping experience so much easier! This one was my favorite.
Wellness Wednesday Lunch Bowl
- Chopped kale
- White mushrooms
- Smoked mackerel (or whatever smoked fish you like)
- Pre-cooked Lentils
- Minced garlic
- Coconut Liquid Aminos
- Onion salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Sesame Oil
- Olive Oil
- In a large pan, set on medium high heat, add olive oil and garlic. Let it cook until fragrant without burning the garlic, then add your kale. Make sure the kale is coated in the olive oil.
- Add onion salt, lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon and black pepper. Stir kale until soft. Then place your kale into your bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil onto the same pan and adding minced garlic until fragrant. Add 2 tbsp of liquid coconut aminos and then add your white mushrooms. I sliced mine to cook faster. Add salt and pepper for taste. Place your mushrooms in the bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean and 2 tbsp of sesame oil, then add your edamame. Stir for about 2 minutes then add your furikake, place into bowl.
- Add your pre-cooked lentils (if you prefer them warm, sauté for a few minutes with a little bit of olive oil.
- Add your smoked fish on top and bam! A Wellness Wednesday bowl thats filled with vitamins, protein and good fiber!
Some variations I have made consist of adding avocado, sautéed onions, scrambled eggs or squash!